What happened...

Twitter Updates

    Thursday, July 24, 2008

    Not a Good Samaritan

    Luke 10:30-37:

    "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who
    stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half-dead. Now by chance a
    priest was going down that road; and when he saw him he passed by on the other
    side. So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on
    the other side. But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was; and when
    he saw him, he had compassion, and went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring
    on oil and wine; then he set him on his own beast and brought him to an inn, and
    took care of him. And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the
    innkeeper, saying 'take care of him; and whatever more you spend, I will repay
    you when I come back.'"



    That is how it should have gone down, but this is really what happened:




    SO, I have graduated from a well-established private University and have obtained my studies in an area that is in great demand. Being that I am a Type A, I began interviewing for jobs 3 months prior to graduation and was offered the position THREE MONTHS BEFORE GRADUATION. In order to begin working, I have to have a temporary license issued by the state. So I diligently took care of all of the paper work, and upon the nearing of graduation, I sent it off to the state so that a file was opened and the process started.



    I knew that it would be about 4 weeks before I could start working, and I made sure I contacted the State to ensure that I had not missed a step. Then a few weeks after the packet was mailed, I receive a letter stating that they are missing items. I call and they confirm that they have all the required components as of 2 weeks earlier, BUT because they are barely confirming this over the phone NOW I will have to wait 4 - 6 weeks from the time of the call.



    Two weeks pass and I am not making any headway with the state; therefore, I drive several hundred miles to the state capitol. They take my name and tell me that they already told me over the phone what date I could expect to be issued a license, AND that they can't tell me where we are in the process.



    I go home, sit tight for 2 more weeks, begin to exhaust the last of my savings, AND THEN receive the ultimate smack in the face. In early June the FBI advised the state that my fingerprints were not readable.



    A 3rd call is made with the following questions:


    • Why wasn't I advised of this 2 weeks ago when I was in your office?


    • Why wasn't I advised of this 4 weeks ago when I called your office?


    • What kind of time frame are we looking at once I get reprinted?

    THE STATE says that they don't know why they never told me, and that it will take another 10 -30 days before they issue a license, and that they just realized I had another license with them and they failed to tell me that I did not need new fingerprints from the get go.

    Needless to say, I had to suck it up before they bent me over again for one last SCREW....then I cried. Sitting, not desiring to leave the house, take calls, or....whatever (not even finish the sentence).

    0 comments: