What happened...

Twitter Updates

    Wednesday, July 23, 2008

    ENOUGH!




    So, I live incredibly close to a cemetary.
    On Friday morning, 7 am to be exact, a female parks her SUV, turns up the Spanish music (the kind you play when you are drunk), and begins to clean her car! After cleaning her car, she sets out a lawn chair, but does not sit in it. Instead, she lays out in the grass next to an overly decorated grave. Who does this?!!!! Obviously someone who has no discretion, right?


    The maintenance men are on the property, so I assume that the facility is open and call to make a complaint. Mind you, this is not the first time that I have complained about these patrons who party weekly on this grave site. From 7am - 830am I get the business answering service who cannot do anything but take a message. In a mad rush, I finish getting ready and drive over to the office to make a complaint. I am greeted by two snotty, entry-level secretaries who are bothered at the fact at the first words out of my mouth are "I would like to speak with a manager please."


    They respond by sending me a grounds keeper supervisor, and I follow by stating my reason for my business (e.g. the neighbors are tired of the loud music, parties, and garbage in our yards on account of these patrons; AND this is one of many complaints that has not been resolved). This towering man responds by stating that I NEED TO CALL THE POLICE because it is not their problem. In response to his attempt to side step responsibility I retort:

    "So you are telling me that the actions that are conducted on your
    company's property are not your responsibillity? You are telling me that
    you are not accountable for maintaning the integrity of this nieghborhood,
    correct? Are there not noise abatement laws that your business is
    responsible for adhering to should your conduct effect those in your
    vicinity?"


    With a perplexed look on his face, he stated that he would address the issue promptly and that I was welcome to contact him anytime.


    Needless to say, I have had enough! Enough of the side-stepping of responsibility. Enough of those who have never been raised to have consideration for others. AND enough of keeping my mouth shut so that I assertive confrontation is avoided.